An Uncommon Sight PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Saturday, 24 February 2007 11:00

feb 25-07.jpgCatalina Spa is one of the few RV parks where regularly, meals are offered in the clubhouse to the guests for a reasonable price. We are fortunate to have a volunteer here, Randa Helps, who is an accomplished cook and it is under her masterful leadership that the meals are created and served. On Fridays there is an all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner and on Saturday mornings they serve a very popular breakfast, complete with choices of pancakes, eggs, sausages, biscuits, coffee etc. Throughout the week, there are potluck dinners, barbecues and tacos as well as a variety of live performers to keep folks entertained.

On Saturday evenings there is always a full course dinner; typically a meat dish accompanied by all the usual fixings, however last night the main course was baked salmon so Rick and I decided to try it out. For a cost of $8 each, we enjoyed a huge slab of perfectly cooked salmon with dill sauce, rice pilaf, salad, choice of beverage and if we wanted, (we didn’t) ice cream for dessert. Not a bad deal at all. Tongue out

On Friday, Rick took me over to one of our neighbour’s sites to see this little hummingbird sitting well camouflaged on a tiny little nest. I can only imagine how miniscule her eggs are and I hope we will get to see the hatchlings when they appear!