Reliving My Childhood PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Thursday, 15 February 2007 11:00

feb 16-07.jpgWhen I was a kid I grew into an all-arms-and-legs stage which rendered me even more awkward than I already was. It seemed like whenever I moved I tripped over my feet (or someone else’s) and I would go tumbling down to the ground. It was nothing for me to have my limbs covered in scrapes and bruises and it seemed like there was always something on the mend.

Over what seemed like a long period of time, I pretty much grew out of that geeky phase and slowly my bruises healed and I no longer had scrapes and scabs on my knees. I never quite stopped being awkward and still managed to trip and fall occasionally but I thought all of that was behind me.

When we were in Vegas, much to my embarrassment and everyone else’s dismay, the first night we arrived I stumbled over a curb and went flying onto my hands and knees. I had a few bruises, no broken bones and laughed at myself for being such a klutz. However, two days later I repeated the same manoeuvre on a different curb in broad daylight and re-injured the same knee. Again, my sister Christine, her hubby Fred, Jamie and Rick witnessed my spill and were all shocked with my latest tumble. It happened so fast I was beginning to wonder what was happening.

Well today I fell off my bicycle! Uh huh, crash bang, right on the paved road in front of more than one witness. I made a quick recovery, am left with some new scrapes and bruises and am beginning to relive my childhood. If there is any merit in the rule of bad luck happening in threes, this should be the last of it.....I hope.

The red circle indicates where I fell, in full view of several people and in broad daylight. Yup I AM reliving my childhood