Withdrawals PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Wednesday, 14 February 2007 11:00

feb 15.jpgThis morning Rick and I were up and walking around the park well before 5:00 AM and at that time we’d even been to the laundry room and started 5 (yes, 5) loads of laundry. I suppose the fact that we were in bed with lights out by 9:00 PM had something to do with it. That and the fact that for the first time in 9 nights we were able to sleep together in our own bed which afforded us a very restful sleep.

The laundry was the accumulation of four sets of bedding and a half a dozen towels; remnants of our now departed visitors. Ever so slowly we are getting the motorhome back in order but because we are both working, the process is a step by step job. I even reluctantly started to clean some tiny fingerprints from the mirrors and windows. I was tempted to leave them there for as long as possible; reminders of Makai and the sheer joy we experienced having him here with us.

We miss the little fellow despite the fact that because of him we slept on an inflatable mattress on a fold out sofa bed. So what if there are crumbs in every nook and cranny and sticky places throughout the Moho. And really what is a fingerprint or two on the mirrors and windows. We miss him; really the whole family but Makai the most because it was with him that we shared our home, our bed and our quiet “just us” mornings and evenings. May can’t arrive soon enough!

By the way, I am happy to report that he and his hand are feeling much better today! Laughing