A Working Day PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Thursday, 08 February 2007 04:15

img_1430 (custom) (2).jpgAfter really slacking off for most of the week, I went back to work today, if just to show my face and not be forgotten. Actually, I think grandparenting is wearing me out and answering phones in the office is a rest of sorts.Wink Karley, Ian and Rick occupied the children with golf on the putting green, more golf cart rides and lots of swimming of course.

This morning Karley joined me for my 5:00 AM walk (I’d managed to get to bed early enough) and it was nice to have the company. We walked and talked for an hour and finished just as the sun was rising, apparently the same time baby Monet was rising too. Ian, who had returned from San Francisco a little after midnight, was relieved that Karley had gotten in at 6:00 so he didn’t have to get up.

After I was finished teaching my afternoon class, we all went into Palm Springs together for dinner and to wander around the Palm Springs Thursday night street fair. It was incredibly crowded; I suppose the warm weather and the fact that February and March are the busiest months here might be the reason! As a result, it was not a pleasant experience so after a short walk; we went back to the rental van and headed home. It was nice to get out with the family but even better to return home.