A Webpage Update PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 17 January 2007 16:00

I thought I would take this opportunity to give you an update on our “new” website… yes the one I’ve been writing about since September.

On Tuesday night I spent an hour on the phone with Steve Caston, my web dude, who coached me through the preliminary steps of using our new website. The website is “there” in principal; I can access it, add material to it, upload pictures to it but as of now, it is not “live”. In other words I can work on it, but you, the reader cannot see it.

Steve and I chatted and practiced for the whole time and trust me when I say, there is a lot to learn so I chose to stop after an hour in order to absorb what was put before me this time. Once I get my head around it, Steve will teach me more and when I feel comfortable with it, we will convert to the new site. From what I was shown on Tuesday, it will be much simpler than the process I go through now, but because it is new and entirely different, I have my work cut out for me.

Between my volunteer work here at Catalina Spa, helping folks with their computers on the side and spending time with visitors, (my sister, my son earlier this year, Rick’s sister next week and Karley, Ian and the grandchildren in early February), the webpage lessons will leave me with little leisure time. Somehow I will juggle it all and hopefully, before we leave here at the end of April the new page will be up and running.

In the meantime, I’ll share another picture of our driving trip south from Mission back to Desert Hot Springs with my sister, Christine, and Fred, her hubby, at the end of December. Fred took this picture of Rick and Chris displaying the size of one of the Redwood Giants we came across when we went to the California coast.