A Safe Trip PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 30 January 2007 16:00

Last night I set our alarm clock, knowing that we had to get up early this morning in order to get Gayle and Graham to the airport to catch their 6:55 AM flight. It seems whenever we have to use an alarm clock to get up with, sleep becomes very evasive and I toss and turn all night long. After getting up twice to go to the bathroom, I finally looked at the clock and discovered that it was only 11:10 PM. At that point I realized I had a whole night before me to get my needed sleep so I finally drifted off into a deep sleep.

In what seemed like the middle of the night suddenly we were both awakened by a loud banging on the wall of the motorhome. The sound was Graham, who had come over to the motorhome to get the car keys so he could load the trunk up with their luggage. It was 5:00 AM so you can imagine my surprise when I looked at the clock to see that it read 1:10 !! No wonder earlier at "11:00" I had felt like I'd been in bed for hours. Ooops!

Anyway Rick and I managed to shower, dress and drive the Allen’s to the airport by 6:00 AM in plenty of time to catch their flight. Tonight I received an email from Chantelle, their daughter in Florida, informing me of their safe arrival despite a delayed flight in Dallas.