Meanwhile, Back in Vancouver.... PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 23 November 2004 00:00

Since I have been in Ontario, Rick has been keeping himself very busy in Vancouver. When I left there on the 15th, he started to tear up the marble floor and worked on it all day. As a result of the dust that was stirred up from the demolition, he put up some plastic sheeting over the slide outs to protect the cupboards and furniture. The next morning, our poor cat Sam, not seeing the plastic, tried jumping onto the couch and bounced off of it, not only once but twice!Surprised  It was bad enough that I had deserted her and she was missing me but now she was traumatized by the invisible wall. Frown

On the 16th, our park-neighbour-contractor-friend Paul, came in to assist him and by Thursday morning after much preparation, they started laying the cork tiles. By Saturday, Rick completed laying the tiles and has reported that the floor looks awesome, is nicer to walk on and is warmer. Sam is adjusting to my absence and Rick has been cleaning out every cupboard, nook and cranny to eliminate the dust that settled in. Thursday night, Karley and Ian invited him over for dinner and conversation and Karley sent him home with homemade leftovers for a future meal. I guess they are making sure he is looked after while I'm gone.

On Sunday Karley and Ian attended a pre-natal class with a tour of the maternity ward of the hospital and this week Karley is completing her final five days of work. Her due date, December 25th is quickly approaching and she is hoping to get the house in order before the baby arrives. I will be returning to Vancouver on Tuesday so hopefully Rick and I will be able to give her a helping hand. The last couple of months have understandably flown by and with all that is going on, I am so grateful to be able to be where I am needed when the call arises.