Heading Home PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 07 December 2004 00:00

Tomorrow I am heading back to Vancouver after being here with Jay and Rachel for 23 days. In that time I have learned so much; my eyes have been opened about cancer, about the medical treatment of it, about natural and alternative therapies and about the human emotion surrounding it. This was not something I had ever wanted to go through, at least not with one of my children, however, it is what it is and I feel I am a better person because of it. I have gotten to know both Jay and Rachel better, become closer to both of them and I have seen how Jay has grown into a wonderful, inspiring adult. The entire process has changed me forever and I consider myself very fortunate to have learned so much.

The weather today, though not snowy, started with a freezing drizzle, which later became a steady, hard rain and very foggy in areas. Jay had a naturopath appointment and while he was there, I went to the Whole Foods store at Hazelton Lanes. It is a great store and will be a good alternative spot for Jay and Rachel to shop at for the organics they will be needing for their new eating plan. It seemed like a long day with all the driving in less than ideal conditions and I was tired when we got home but I still had laundry and packing to finish. Now, my suitcases are overstuffed and heavy and I am not looking forward to unpacking them but I am looking forward to going home. I have missed my Rickey, Karley and Ian and my cat, Sam but I know I will miss everyone (cats included) here too.

Rachel came home with a Christmas tree and she wanted to get it up and decorated while I was still here. Unfortunately I wasn't much help (I was finishing up a few things) and before I knew it, the tree's decor was completed. Christmas seems to have snuck up on me this year and with Karley's baby due on Christmas Day, I know it will be a Christmas like no other. Never have I wished I could be in two provinces at once but my job here is done for now and tomorrow I am heading home! Laughing