Surprise! PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 08 December 2004 00:00

I am back in Vancouver after being away for 23 days, the longest Rick and I have been apart in over 10 years. He greeted me at the airport holding a bouquet of roses. (What a sweetie, I am so blessed!) As a surprise to Karley, I brought Jay back with me for 8 days and Rick was very happy to see him again. We excitedly drove over to Karley's house and in order to maintain the surprise, let Jay off at the front of the house while we entered from the back. She was very happy to see me and wanted to show me the newly completed things done to the house; the upstairs bathroom and the baby's room. We were walking towards the front door when the doorbell rang and she walked over and opened it to discover her brother standing there. It took a moment for it to register that he was actually who she was looking at but she is thrilled. They exchanged big hugs and while she showed him her belly, he showed her his scar... such siblings!Undecided

The plane ride was good except that we were very far back in the plane, (row 34 in a new airbus) someplace I rarely sit because I find it a little more turbulent and sure enough, as we were on our descent, I was beginning to feel a little queasy. The seats were quite comfy however; it was the longest Jay has been in a straight-up sitting position so I was a little concerned. He did require some ibuprophen at one point but other than that, his leg and comfort were fine.

After Karley completed the tour of the house, this time with Jay in tow, we walked up to the drive for a meal at a vegetarian Indian restaurant. It was great to see two of my offspring together again, happily exchanging stories and experiences. Jay will be staying at Karley and Ian's while he's here but we will be there daily to show him around the city when he is up to it. This will be a good place for him to spend some of his recuperation time with his big sister and Mom and step-Dad fussing over him.